Ryder Mobile Maintenance Services
Real world example: Polypipe
Polypipe is one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of piping systems and climate management systems for the construction, civils, and infrastructure sectors. Making sure Polypipe’s customers receive their deliveries on time, and undamaged, relies on the effectiveness and quality of the company’s significant UK transport operation.
- Our solution
Ryder Mobile Maintenance Services (RMMS) provides all routine trailer maintenance services for Polypipe’s Doncaster based trailer fleet of owned and rental trailers, including all MOTs, brake testing, body shop services and breakdown support. A core team of 4 full-time dedicated Ryder mobile maintenance technicians is located on site at Polypipe’s key Doncaster facility 5 days per week, with additional technicians supplementing the core team in line with changing demands.
RYDER’S INCLUSIVE SERVICE PROVISION:
- A dedicated Ryder-managed, onsite parts facility for storing fast moving service parts ensuring continual parts availability
- Fully equipped mobile workshops for each IRTEC-qualified technician, with additional training relevant to the demands of the Polypipe trailer fleet
- Monthly Review Meetings with the Polypipe Transport Team to track performance via dedicated KPIs
- The Results
- Increased efficiencies, improved visibility and transparency of costs from one contract
- Greater flexibility to support the growth and evolution of fleets with the capacity to scale accordingly whilst using minimum space on site
- Dedicated KPIs tracked at regular review meetings to drive a culture of continuous improvement
"We’re delighted with our decision to partner with Ryder for our trailer maintenance needs. It’s really delivering on the essential assurance, uptime, efficiency and flexibility that we hoped for in moving to a single supplier, mobile maintenance solution."
Divisional Distribution Manager, Polypipe