Real-World Example: Encase
Encase faced some of the manufacturing industry's most difficult challenges, needing to improve efficiency whilst reducing costs to enable growth.
- Delivery of a fleet of 9 Euro 6 tractor units and 20 liveried curtainside trailers
- Provision of 12 Class C&E drivers
- Full integration of a Ryder management team located between customer's sales and production teams at the Encase office
- Implementation of Ortec route planning and Microlise telematics, with monitoring screens showing live delivery progress against agreed plan
- Pallet pool management to control and reduce expenditure
- Detailed KPIs tailored to Encase's requirements for daily review.
- Improved integration between logistics, customer sales and production departments has provided Ryder with the knowledge required to make timely decisions in response to customer requirements
- Reduction in cost of logistics due to growth of opportunity for full loads, minimising empty leg running and multiple deliveries to small volume drop points and incorporating return legs of inbound raw product
- Reduction in cost of operations per thousand square meters delivered year on year.