Recruitment for our Trainee Technician Apprenticeship scheme is now open for 2018! A summary of the apprenticeship is below. To apply, simply fill out this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note.
This Apprenticeship allows you to gain hands on experience within our workshops and a formal qualification in your chosen profession. We offer a full-time role with a full-time salary.
Purpose of the Role
- Undertake the HGV NVQ course and ensure practical application of learning to develop into a fully qualified HGV Motor Vehicle Technician
- Assist fully qualified Technicians in the preventative maintenance and repair of the Ryder commercial vehicle fleet on a 40hr week
- Work as part of the team to maintain and build employee and customer relations to ensure that the workshop operates effectively.
- Assist in preventative maintenance duties with the supervision of a trained technician
- Assist in identifying the requirement for replacement parts
- Develop an understanding of all documentation in the Ryder Workshop
- Attend Stephenson College four times a year and work towards the IMI Certificate in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Develop an NVQ portfolio within the Ryder workshop by carrying out required duties
- Work alongside an assigned buddy in the workshop at all times
- Follow all Health and Safety processes and procedure standards at all times and without exception
- Ensure a thorough understanding of all Company Safe Systems of Work and always adhere to within the workshop or mobile operations
- Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the workplace at all times
- Ensure appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times and without exception and report defective PPE immediately
- Build rapport, develop trust and respect from both internal and external customers.
- You will work safely with the correct use of tools and equipment
- You will have a working knowledge of vehicle systems
- You will be able to assist with basic maintenance.
- You will be able to carry out adjustments, maintenance and repairs and carry out basic fault diagnosis on Engine, Transmission, Chassis and electrics at the end of year carry out service, unaided.
- You will be able to carry out fault diagnostics and repair Engine, Chassis, Transmission and electrics.
- In this role, you will report to the Workshop Manager of the location at which you are applying
- Work experience in vehicle repairs and maintenance is an advantage but not essential to application
- You must hold four GCSEs at grade C and above, including English, Maths and Science