At Ryder we take our responsibilities seriously, and do everything we can to make our business sustainable:
- Each of our locations receives an annual environmental audit
- Our drivers are trained in safe and responsible driving to increase fuel efficiency and decrease wear and tear
- We collect and recycle engine oil and lubricants
- Where possible we recondition engine parts
- Our suppliers follow our Code of Conduct to maintain the highest ethical and legal standards.
Our commitment to our customers
- We work with you to evaluate the environmental effects of our service and identify the most efficient transport solutions
- We meet the requirements of environmental legislation, corporate instructions and customer expectations
- We prevent pollution through effective purchasing, waste disposal, control of emissions and noise
- We always seek ways to reduce, reuse and recycle materials and resources, and measure improvement through environmental management programmes.
We operate to comply with the guidelines and achieve certification to the international environmental standard where appropriate.
Our people are our business
We also have a responsibility to our employees, the heart of our business. We make sure our working environments are safe, and always operate in a way that is fair and honest.
Staying safe in the workplace
- We maintain the best possible working environment
- We promote a culture where Occupational Health and Safety is recognised as central to our success
- We demonstrate a commitment to reducing risks
- We measure, monitor and review performance to ensure we improve standards each year.