Established in 1967, the British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) is the UK trade body for companies engaged in vehicle rental, leasing and fleet management. On behalf of its 950+ member organisations, the BVRLA works with governments, public sector agencies, industry associations, consumer groups and other stakeholders across a wide range of road transport, environmental, taxation, technology and finance-related issues.
Logistics UK (formerly FTA) are one of the biggest business groups in the UK, supporting, shaping and standing up for efficient logistics. They are the only organisation in the UK that represents all of logistics, with members from the road, rail, sea and air industries, as well as the buyers of freight services such as retailers and manufacturers whose businesses depend on the efficient movement of goods.
The Road Haulage Association (RHA) is the only trade association in the United Kingdom dedicated solely to road haulage. As a trade association, the RHA is responsible for campaigning, advice, training, information and business services for its members within the UK haulage industry, including audits, risk assessments and contracts of employment.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) is one of the largest and most influential trade associations in the UK. Its resources, reputation and unrivalled automotive data place it at the heart of the UK automotive industry. SMMT is the voice of the UK motor industry, supporting and promoting its members’ interests, at home and abroad, to government, stakeholders and the media.
The Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) is the only organisation that represents and protects the interests of builders merchants, plumbing, heating, roofing, decorative and timber merchants and their suppliers in the UK and Ireland. They are the authoritative voice for the building materials distribution sector, conveying the views and issues that face merchants and suppliers, to the widest possible audience. Total membership at 1 January 2020 stands at 710 merchant and supplier companies who together have combined sales of £32bn and employ over 138,000 people in the building materials industry. BMF’s 363 merchant members operate from over 5,450 branches across the UK and Ireland.
- The Department for Transport (DfT) is the government department responsible for the English transport network and a limited number of transport matters in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland that have not been devolved. The department is run by the Secretary of State for Transport,
- The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) is the organisation of the UK government responsible for maintaining a database of drivers in Great Britain and a database of vehicles for the entire United Kingdom.
- ISO9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). We use the standard to demonstrate our ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- ISO14001 is the international standard for environmental management systems (EMS) and the most widely used EMS in the world, with over 360,000 ISO 14001 certificates issued globally. ISO 14001 is the principal management system standard which specifies the requirements for the formulation and maintenance of an EMS.
- ISO 27001 is the international standard for information security. It sets out the specification for an information security management system (ISMS). The information security management system standard’s best-practice approach helps us to manage our information security by addressing people, processes and technology.